so this week was pretty awesome! i
had my birthday party at the Stowers house wonderful family in the ward i
think i have adopted them as my parents sometimes haha we all joke
around and i feel so at home and loved whenever i am there just like i
am at home. maybe ill go and live in the islands to always feel that
haha but it was awesome!
so I'm my book of Mormon reading I read all of Alma
this week and I love it so much!!!!! I was really fond of the missionary
stories not sure why???? haha but one of the most overall themes I read
was that every time only one of them went to teach a harden people
it took the testimony of 2 missionaries to tell them whats up. and how
they all had to have the spirit with them and it talks about that a lot.
and one of my favorite times with this case is after Alma and Amulek
teach the people in Amaniah they go to the apostate Zoramites. Alma
teaches them and then Amulek teaches them. In Alma 34 its when he
teaches about prayer and its my personal witness that it true. that how
from versus 17-29 Amulek teaches that we must pray to exercise our faith
then to pray for our salvation. after that we must look out for what we
are over(jobs family friends). then have anymore compassion and look to
our enemies. but in our secret places is where we must pour out of
spirits to God in private and in the end have charity to everyone or
else its it all for nothing.
love you guys so much!!!
elder Torres
No comments:
Post a Comment