to start of I am gonna be a little prideful and say ONE
UP!! I got to shake the hand this past week of Elder Neil L Anderson of
the quorum of the 12 Apostles.
He said,"the
Tacoma Washington mission is the greatest in the world" so to all you
others out there it has been spoken by the mouth of an Apsotle I am
serving in the GREATEST mission in the world right now.
yes this was one of the most amazing times
of my life I enjoyed learning from him and all that he brought to us.
something that he talk about was the atonement of Christ. which just so
happens to be the number one thing ive learned about on my mission. it
was so amazing how he presented it to us and talked about the merits
mercy and grace of Christ. and that one of my fav quotes he said was
"don't teach doctrine you don't understand." something over my mission
ive done in the past is teach beyond what I truly felt in my heart to
know to be true. and now it made sense why he said that. when we don't
have something in our heart we cant teach it by the spirit and therefore
it wont have any effect on them and wont carry the same spirit.
the most important thing that came from this was that I
know that this is only church that carries the authority of Christ.
when president weaver told us that he has landed in SEA-TAC airport and
was on his way I could feel the spirit getting stronger and stronger
till the point that when he was outside of the building I knew he was
there. this experience has made it clear in my mind that about 193 years
ago in a grove of trees a young made said that happened to him was
" I saw pillar of light exactly over my head above the
brightness of the sun which descended gradually until if fell upon me
when the light rested upon I saw two personages who's brightness and
glory defy all description standing above me in the air one of the spake
unto me calling my by name and said pointing to the other this is my
beloved son hear him."
I know that at that moment Joseph smith was called to
be a prophet and at the time out loving heavenly father and his son
Jesus Christ 2 separate beings appeared to him and that started to
restoration of the Gospel of Christ and know that we are the only church
that can teach the true nature of God and his Authority.
love you all
Elder Torres
No comments:
Post a Comment