Thursday, April 17, 2014

Because of Him

so everyone go and watch this new video that the church produced and put together for this woundeful time of year.

so because of Him I am able to become who I need to be. because of Him I was able to last night once again see the changing effect that the gospel has on the lives of those who are willing to let it in them. last night we had the Lakewood fireside. just a little refreasher for those of you who don't remember but about a year ago I was in the blessed land of Steilacoom which is in the Lakewood stake. it was so powerful at the end of the night and the best part once I got to see emma Thompson and adien Glenn. adien was a little boy that I taught while I was there and emma is his mother who I worked with to help her receive a testimony again to come back to church. last night I saw the different light in her and that light is all because of Him. at the fireside emma told me that she is now temple worthy and cant wait to go when I get off my mission so I can be there with her. this night reminded me of the change that I saw someone else near and dear to my heart who's name is carollyn shackelford. the change that I have seen in that wounderful old lady has become a testimony to me of the gospel as well.
let us all remember that at this time of year that the grave has no victory to overcome us because He over the grave.


just as Jacob testified of to his people I so testify to the world "Wherefore, beloved brethren, be reconciled unto him through the atonement of Christ, his Only Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a resurrection, according to the power of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the first-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh."(Jacob 4:11) 
loved you all
elder torres 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment