Letter from Becky Lee, Young Woman's President in the Lincoln Ward, Tacoma stake sent to my mom about Elder Torres
Tuesday April 16th 2013
Sister Shackelford,
I wanted to
take the time to write to you to tell you thank you for raising such a
fine young man who is serving a very honorable mission. He was just
transferred out of our ward this week and we miss him already!! I am the YW President in the Lincoln Ward in the Tacoma Stake. I had
many opportunities to work with your son and was continually impressed
with him. He is definitely one of the best,if not the BEST, missionary I
have ever known. I
say that because he truly cares about those he teaches and the members
of our ward. He is very teachable, always listening to and closely
following any words from our Bishop. He engages with people on the level
that is right for them. It is obvious that he listens to the spirit and
has a very strong testimony.
I
have also been impressed as I watched him train Elder Muirbrook, who
was straight out of the MTC. He worked more as a partner with Elder
Muirbrook correcting him when needed, but allowing Elder Muirbrook to
take the lead sometimes as well. It was so good to see him giving his
brand new companion an opportunity to lead and grow, so that now Elder
Muirbrook will be fully capable of training a new missionary himself. Your
son is a wonderful young man and excellent missionary!! Thank you for
your sacrifice, giving him to us for 2 years. He is truly making a
difference up here in Tacoma and I will definitely miss him as he goes
to serve is Steilacoom...

No comments:
Post a Comment